The Lancashire Group offers a rewarding environment within which to work, both in terms of the support and opportunities given to employees to enable them to excel in their role and the competitive and attractive compensation and reward structures. To further enhance the link between our people and the performance of the business, all our permanent employees are eligible to receive RSS awards, therefore giving them the opportunity to share in the growth and success of the group and ultimately become shareholders.
Reasons to work at the Lancashire Group
- A dynamic and rewarding environment
- A collegiate environment which encourages employee interaction across all departments, offering greater opportunities for continuous learning and development
- A comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation through salary, annual bonus and long term incentives
- On-the-job training and support to gain professional qualifications
- Internal mentoring from underwriters who are known experts in their fields as well as internal and supported external mentoring for other departments
- A culture which is entrepreneurial and ambitious with a healthy approach to change
- Encouragement to take paid leave to participate in charitable and community projects, both locally and internationally
- Many other perks including two free lunches per week, annual health and wellbeing reimbursement, season ticket loans (applicable to UK employees only), social drinks on Friday evenings and annual social events to name just a few
The Lancashire Group is an equal opportunity employer. We base our employment decisions on the ability of our employees and prospective employees to do the job, without consideration to race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, beliefs, or any other group, class or category.
We treat people fairly; with dignity and respect in every aspect of employment including:
- Training and development
- Career advancement and promotion
- Compensation and benefits
A Unique Culture
Recruiting the right people for the business will always be a high priority. It is critical that the aspirations and values of our employees are a solid match to their role within the organisation and to our corporate values.
The Lancashire culture is defined by our values and adherence to these values has been a huge part of our success. All employees are appraised against these values in their annual performance appraisal:
- Leadership, exhibiting passion and commitment in all aspects of Lancashire life and inspiring others to do the same, we are
- Aspirational, aspiring to deliver a superior service for our clients, ourselves and our business partners, we are
- Nimble in our decisions, actions and business processes, and considerate of our environment and wider society, we are
- Collaborative, valuing teamwork and a diversity of skills and experience and sharing in our success, and we are
- Straightforward in conducting our business in an accountable, open, honest and sustainable way.
The Lancashire Group has a strong focus on corporate social responsibility. Through the Lancashire Foundation, the Group makes regular and generous contributions to a variety of charities including Médecins Sans Frontières, International Care Ministries, Family Centre and St. Giles Trust.
We also promote and facilitate a range of charitable work each year. We encourage engagement and participation of our employees in charitable and community projects, both locally and internationally. The Group also takes its environmental responsibilities very seriously and leave is granted for those employees taking part in environmental projects.