Lancashire Underwriting Australia
Lancashire Underwriting Australia Pty Ltd (LUA) was established in 2021 as a Lloyd's Service Company which underwrites on behalf of Lancashire Syndicates Limited's managed Syndicates 3010 and 2010.
LUA is registered as an Australian company (ABN 46 649 820 011) with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under the Corporations Act 2001. LUA registered office is Level 20, 56 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia and trading address at Suite 5.03, Level 5, 56 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
Tim Higgins - Tim.Higgins@lancashiregroup.com
Jamie Kinsella - Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy Lum Mow - Jeremy.email@example.com
Mike Selby - Mike.Selby@lancashiregroup.com
Underwriting - 1800 844 064
Claims - 1800 844 065
Domestic & Family Violence Policy
Call 000 if you are in danger or if you're not feeling safe.
This policy sets out Lancashire's commitment to support Customers that may be affected by Family Violence with sensitivity, dignity, respect and compassion and to ensure our staff are able to assist you.
What is Domestic and Family Violence?
Australian Law defines "Domestic and Family Violence" as violent, threatening or other behaviour by a person, with the intention of coercion or control of a family member, causing the family member to be fearful. Domestic and Family Violence is a crime and can affect anyone. It occurs when someone with a close or personal relationship with you makes you feel powerless, afraid or unsafe. This violence can be physical, emotional or psychological.
Our Promise to You
Your safety is paramount to us. If we identify or suspect Family Violence, we will follow the approach below.
- treat you with respect and dignity, and exercise discretion and sensitivity;
- make sure that safety is paramount for anyone affected by Family Violence;
- consider if you are suffering financial hardship and work with you to find ways to alleviate any such circumstances; and
- provide you with contact details of people or services, with specialist training and experience who may be able to assist you with your personal circumstances.
Precautions we take when communicating may include:
- finding a mutually appropriate time to talk on the phone;
- assessing whether it's safe to send text messages or leave voice messages on the phone; and
- sending information separately - if you're a joint policyholder, we may need to send information to two difference mail or email addresses.
Specialist Services available for Domestic and Family Violence
- Lifeline - 13 11 14 - Lifeline.org.au
- 1800 RESPECT - 1800 737 732 - Respect.org.au
- Beyond Blue - 1300 224 636 - Beyondblue.org.au
- Relationships Australia - 1300 364 277 - Relationships.org.au
- Men's Line Australia - 1300 789 978 - Mensline.org.au
Lancashire Financial Hardship Policy
Lancashire Australia is committed to assisting customers who may be experiencing financial hardship. Our Financial Hardship policy outlines the approach our employees will follow to assist you if you are experiencing financial hardship.
General Insurance Code of Practice
The Insurance Council of Australia Limited has developed the General Insurance Code of Practice ("the Code"), which is a voluntary self-regulatory code. The Code aims to raise the standards of practice and service in the insurance industry. For further information on the Code please visit www.codeofpractice.com.au. The Code Governance Committee ("CGC") is an independent body that monitors and enforces insurers' compliance with the Code. For more information on the CGC go to www.insurancecode.org.au.
Please contact us via the LUA claims notification mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 844 065.
Lancashire Underwriting Australia is committed to providing a professional service to maintain fair outcomes for our customers at all times. If you are dissatisfied or have any complaints about your policy or the handling of a claim you should, in the first instance, contact email@example.com.
Lancashire Underwriting Australia's Complaints Policy can be found here.
- LUA will acknowledge the complaints within 24 hours (or one business day) of receiving and provide the name and contact details of the person reviewing the complaint.
- A Stage One review must be completed within ten business days of the complaint being received unless an extension for Lloyd's Australia is granted.
- If the Stage One review resolves the complaint to the customer's satisfaction, the complainant is issued a response using the Stage One Resolution Letter, which sets out details of any redress or remedial action being offered.
- If the Stage One review resolves the complaint within five business days, a Resolution Letter does not need to be sent to the complainant, unless the complainant requests it or the complaint relates to a claim denial, the value of a claim or financial hardship.
- If the Stage One review does not resolve the complaint to the customer's satisfaction within ten business days, the complaint is auto-escalated to Lloyd's Australia by email at IDRAustralia@lloyds.com for a Stage Two review. The customer is sent a letter, advising that the complaints has been elevated to Lloyd's Australia.
- The Stage Two IDR response should be sent to a complainant no later than 30 calendar days after receiving the complaint.
- Further details can be found here https://www.lloyds.com/en-au/resources-and-services/make-a-complaint/policyholder-complaint/international-complaints/australia.
An 'IDR Response' is a written communication to the complainant, informing them of:
- the final outcome of their complaint at IDR (either confirmation of actions taken by the firm to fully resolve the complaint or reasons for rejection or partial rejection of the complaint);
- their right to take the complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) if they are not satisfied with the IDR response; and
- the contact details for AFCA.
External Dispute Resolution
AFCA's details are as follows:
- Online: www.afca.org.au
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1800 931 678
- Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority, GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001.
- Lloyd's Australia: IDRAustralia@lloyd's.com
Tim HigginsHead of Property D&F - AustraliaLancashire Underwriting Australia
Jamie KinsellaSenior UnderwriterLancashire Underwriting Australia
Jeremy Lum MowUnderwriterLancashire Underwriting Australia