Lancashire Capital Management Limited focuses on third-party funded, fully collateralised reinsurance across different classes such as property catastrophe, aviation, marine, energy and terror. It has the ability to scale up opportunistically based on market dislocations, delivering speed to market advantage.
- Backed by Lancashire’s excellent track record and reputation.
- Leveraging Lancashire’s existing systems, data, relationships, infrastructure and processes.
- Fully dedicated team that writes its own transactions and has its own underwriting committee.
- One of the few third party capital entities generating new business without cannibalising existing accounts.
- Very transparent with frequent reporting.
- Able to generate extra returns by selling multi-class reinsurance covers where current supply is scarce.
- Third party capital investors have access to Lancashire’s underwriting expertise without the correlation to traditional financial markets.
- Focusing on multi-class fully collateralised reinsurance across different classes such as property catastrophe, aviation, marine, energy and terrorism.
- Deploying capacity on 1 January and 1 July of every year with the potential for additional capital deployments during periods of market dislocation via special draws.
- Educating sophisticated reinsurance clients and designing bespoke products for them which will ultimately add value to their usual reinsurance purchases.
- Targeting expected returns in the mid-teens, pre fees.
Paul GregoryGroup Chief Underwriting Officer and LCM CEO
Mathieu MarsanSenior Portfolio Manager & ActuaryLancashire Capital Management
Charlotte ShreeveController - Finance & OperationsLancashire Capital Management